- 2lbs chicken – with skin
- 6 tbsp butter
- ¼ tsp salt (add more to taste)
- ½ tsp black pepper (add more to taste)
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Place 1 ½ cups of water, salt and pepper in a pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Wash and wipe the chicken.
- Then, mix the butter with salt and pepper and apply inside and outside the chicken. Truss the chicken (tie so that it stays in shape). Place the chicken, in a roasting pan with the stock and cook in a pre-heated oven for one hour, basting and turning every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Strain the drippings from the pan into a cup and add water to make up one full cup.
- Untie chicken, add the gravy ingredients to the drippings solution and cook the mixture till a little thick. Serve this on the side with the chicken.
This recipe is from the “Claraz Recipes” app, an e-cookbook available in the Apple store & Google play.